Botox Corpus Christi
Would you like to erase or smooth out unsightly facial wrinkles and restore a youthful appearance? At American Laser Med Spa, you can!
We offer Botox treatments at all 5 of our locations throughout Texas including Amarillo, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, Midland and El Paso. With Botox you can safely and effectively diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, revealing a refreshed and smoother complexion!
The Botox Process
Over time our skin naturally loses its elasticity and experiences a decrease in the production of collagen. These effects, along with other factors such as repeated facial expressions, contribute to the formation of facial lines and wrinkles. Involuntary facial expressions, such as squinting, also play a major role in the formation of wrinkles. With Botox, you can safely and effectively treat these wrinkles for up to four months. In addition, Botox injections are non-invasive and require no downtime. Contrary to common myths, Botox does not freeze the face or inhibit facial expressions, rather it simply relaxes the underlying facial muscles for a period of time, which restricts the muscles from contracting as profoundly. At American Laser Med Spa, our providers employ advanced injection techniques in order to deliver exceptional natural looking results.
How does Botox work in Corpus Christi?
Our bodies send chemical signals from the nerves to various muscles with specific instructions. Once BOTOX® Cosmetic medicine, a neurotoxin protein prescription utilized in facial rejuvenation treatment, is injected into specific facial muscles, it temporarily relaxes them and inhibits facial creasing. This is done by blocking the chemical signal, which tells the muscle to contract, from the nerve to the targeted muscle. Thus, the targeted muscle is not able to contract as profoundly, causing the wrinkles to relax and soften. The results reveal a smoother and refreshed appearance.
Which areas does Botox treat?
Botox is safe and effective in treating fine lines and wrinkles in the following areas:
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet, or lines on the corners of the eyes
- Forehead furrows or worry lines on the forehead
- Smokers lines around the mouth
- Bunny lines
- Down turned corners of the mouth
What to Consider
- Each BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment will take around five minutes, and the pain of BOTOX injections is very minimal.
- BOTOX works to smooth wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing the underlying muscles, so some numbness may occur. You may experience some temporary redness, swelling or bruising, as well as, mild discomfort after your treatment
- People with certain medical conditions are NOT good candidates for using BOTOX, including women who are pregnant, people with an allergy to BOTOX, and anyone with Lou Gehrig’s Disease or Myasthenis Gravis.
- Since every face is different, results cannot be guaranteed. However, if you are unsatisfied with your BOTOX results, we do offer a 7-day complimentary touch up.
- Please see BOTOX® Cosmetic full Product Information, including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide.
HOW TO PREPARE
To get the most out of your BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments, you should:
- Come to your appointment with a clean, makeup-free face
- Avoid any strenuous exercise for at least four hours after treatment
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area for a few hours after treatment
What is the procedure like in Corpus Christi
During your consultation, a customized plan will be developed focusing on your concerns and cosmetic desires. At the start of the procedure, the targeted area will first be cleansed. Although, discomfort with Botox is minimal, a topical anesthetic may be applied beforehand, in order to provide for a more comfortable procedure. A very fine needle will them be utilized to gently inject tiny amounts of the product into the targeted facials muscles. Treatment is quick, typically lasting about 5 minutes and the number of injections a patient receives will be dependent on several factors. There is no downtime associated with this treatment, allowing patients to resume their daily activities immediately after or even receive Botox injections while on their lunch hour.
Results may become visible in as little as 3-10 days. However, the product will continue to work within the skin for up to two weeks, allowing for continued improvements. Results typically last 3-4 months, depending on the area treated. It is typically recommended for patients to receive ‘touch ups’ in order to maintain optimum results.
What are the benefits?
- Diminish the appearance of facial wrinkles such as crow’s feet, forehead lines and frown lines formed between the eyebrows
- Diminish the appearance of wrinkles near the upper lip, corners of the mouth and chin
- Prevent the development of facial wrinkles
- Soften ‘smoker’s lines’ around the mouth
- Deliver natural looking results
Are there any side effects?
As an FDA approved prescription, the risk with Botox are minor. Side effects, may however, occur at the injection site post-treatment. Such side effects are considered normal and should subside naturally within 48 hours. Common side effects may include:
- Mild headaches
- Mild pain or discomfort
- Less common, flu like symptoms may occur
Patients are advised to avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area, as well as laying down, for the first few hours post-treatment, as this could cause the Botox to migrate to different areas underneath the skin. Strenuous activities, such as exercise, should also be avoided for several hours following the procedure in order to decrease the chances of bruising and bleeding post-treatment. Avoiding blood thinners, such as Advil, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve and Alcohol for a several days prior to treatment may also lessen the chance of bleeding and bruising post-treatment.
Botox is not recommended for individuals who present with neurological problems, are allergic to eggs or those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Book your Consultation!
If you are ready to receive Botox treatments, or would like to learn more, call or stop by American Laser Med Spa in Corpus Christi, TX. A treatment of Botox can safely and effectively treat facial fine lines and wrinkles, delivering a smoother complexion and a more youthful appearance for up to four months. Book your consultation today to smooth out those unsightly wrinkles! Our team is excited to have you.
Ready to smooth out those unsightly wrinkles?
*Availability is dependent on doctor’s travel schedule. Photos are not actual patients of American Laser Med Spa.
*Disclaimer: Results for each patient will vary. Please remember that the information provided will not guarantee your eligibility for treatment. Consultation and medical examination must be completed before approval.